Sunday, July 22, 2007

How I Spent My Saturday.

Never would I have thought that last Saturday would've created a picture like this.


Or this.


Ian & some of his buds, Soon Min & some of his buds, and I (with Soon Min and Ian as my buds) headed out to Bukit Tabur near (or is it at?) Taman Melawati somewhere in KL. The 'hike' that I was informed to experience did not involve climbing nor involve ropes of any kind. I was 'pleasantly' conned :). I would have definitely have said no if it involved any type of rock climbing. The hike was completed approx. 5 1/2 hours from the start (6am-11.30am). *Phew* I never knew that KL had such a hidden wonder. Bukit Tabur is probably not for the beginner hiker (like me), but it was indeed a good challenge. I would never have gotten up (or down) without the help of my fellow hikers. ("Left leg left, right leg right...down abit...stretch abit more...SQUAT!" said 'someone'.)



On the way up

"Oh good God its a rope!"


"How the fcuk am I supposed to get up there?"

We were at that peak before we got on the one I'm standing on now

Indeed he does...

Soon Min & I at the 'grove' top of the hill.

Going down is definitely harder than going up *egads*

This old man swooped down off the ledge faster than I could climb

Right before we got lost, we decided to take a picture

We got a little lost on the way down and a rockier path than the one we originated from. Was running out of water as well. *Pant* Thanks to my Nokia N95, I tried to keep morale going by playing 'The Touch' by Stan Bush. =D. After eventually getting down to flat land, we sped off for a WELL deserved lunch in Taman Connaught. *Pif~*


After lunch, I headed back home, took a thorough shower, sat for a bit, and sped off to Times Square with Ah Wah & gang to get our new toys (the DSLRs!). Damn place ran out of stock so shot to Pudu Plaza (this damn place is a blast from the 80s man) and checked out our 'cam-to-be's' there. After fiddling through the Nikon D40 and found out that it had no Battery Grip accessory and a really shitty menu system which I thought I could overcome, I decided to get the Canon EOS 400D Digital Rebel XTI instead. *Sigh* After months of reading up on Nikon's stuff, I have almost no info on Canon's. Oh well, lots more reading to do. Hope to attend a photography workshop soon. :)

My first ever DSLR. Ladies and gentlemen... this is 'Delilah'. =)

My digital mistress

3 comments:

*Dream Weaver* said...

Egad!
You is bought it.
:0)
*hoorah*

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't be surpised if 'SMei' had climbed that already... she travels almost everywhere

Bry™ said...

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me