Monday, November 24, 2008

The Ethan Yap Project Does The 3R Circle Back To Nature Relay

7 days. That was the last time I trained. Damn on and off flu kept 'bugging' me the entire week before I succumbed to a medium-to-high fever on Thursday.

The 3R Circle Back To Nature Relay 2008 was upon us. 3.92kms of uphills and downhills. Ian, Ashraf, and I formed "The Ethan Yap Project", a tribute to our migrated comrade in Melbourne, AU. Our captain, Ian Yap budgeted that each of us could complete the course in 20 mins. Oh how wrong he was. We finished the track in about 26-29 mins.

Ashraf & Captain Yap prepping up the race bibs

Our time card

The starting line. Note the cool electronic time mat thingy. We had to tap our batons there as we start our run

To tell you the truth, after running approximately 2 minute on the uphill start, I began to feel fatigued. I blamed it on me recovering from my illness just 2 days prior but I don't think that was totally the case. My cardio training is only based on flat ground. Well, more like flat treadmill ground. Looks like this is something I should work on. As our captain told me, "Running outside is not the same as running on the treadmill in the gym." Hmm.

Undoubtedly, this run was the smallest one in terms of participation. I think it was because it wasn't a publicly publicized one. About 33 teams of 3 showed up to run the grueling track of Bukit Kiara.

I guess the best part of the run is that we were awarded with medals in the end. =) My first ever medal of any kind!!! It took me 27 years. Better late than never.

23 November 2008 - 'The Ethan Yap Project' finishes 11th


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter 2[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter net[b][/url]