Tuesday, March 16, 2010

According To Me Life's Not A Fairytale


Pop stars Taylor Swift & Orianthi are giving young girls bad influences in life. This is based on their recent songs that have been hitting the airwaves and MTV.

Here's a simple analysis and example from Orianthi's 'According To You':

According to 'you'
'You' tells her that:
She's stupid, useless, can't do anything right. She's difficult, hard to please, forever changes her mind, a mess in a dress, not punctual even if her house caught on fire. She's boring, moody, can;t take her anyplace. She sucks at telling jokes, she has the worst attention span.

According to 'him'
'Him' tells her that:
She's beautiful, incredible, can't get her out of his head. She's funny, irresistable, everything he ever wanted. He's into her for everything she's not.

Orianthi should realise that 'Him' was actually 'You' when they first got together oh not so long ago. Sure, guys can say some brash things, but that's reality. On another hand, if she decides to go with 'Him', over time 'Him' will change into 'You' over time. So good luck with that.





--

And as for princess Taylor Swift. Oh god, I'll just let the lyrics speak for themselves:

Taken from Taylor Swift's 'Today Was A Fairytale'

Today was a fairytale
You were the prince
I used to be a damsel in distress
You took me by the hand and you picked me up at six
Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale
I wore a dress
You wore a dark grey t-shirt
You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess
Today was a fairytale
Time slows down whenever you're around

Life is not a fairytale. Stop destroying young girls lives!! Don't even get me started with Ugly Girl anthem 'You Belong With Me'.








No comments: