Monday, March 26, 2007

Into The Blue - A Birthday Retreat~4D/3N (+ 1D/1N on bus)

The Redang Lang Resort 'port'

Ooooh.. what a good birthday/island break it was last week at Lang Tengah island in Terengganu. Got a lil' tan, a lil' burned, a lil' fat. Argh. My appetite seemed to have increased since then. I'm hungry even now. Cream crackers and coffee/tea were the compulsary post/pre snorkeling snack. Mmmm.. I can taste the semi soft and soaked crackers now...

Had my first try at snorkeling. I havent really gone on an island vacation before (Penang and Singapore don't count). Lang Tengah was great. The sky and the sea was magnificent. Nothing much to do though, snorkeling was one of the only activities during the day (and jungle trekking which we did not go for). At night, it was either watching Astro, karaoke, the games area (bad pool/foosball table, carrom...).

The bus ride on Wednesday night was pretty alright. Took the Sani Express from the station near Putra Place (not sure on the name). Smooth sailing and a couple of stops along the way. In the morning, Ashraf wanted to intro us to some sweet ass Nasi Dagang for breakfast, but it seemed that we got there a little too early and had to settle for Roti Bakar and Milo O instead. We were later joined by a group of people from Long Adventure (at the airport stop). I guess it's some local organization that go on long adventures. =D. 'Candy Ho Hoi Sum' was the umm.. 'looker' of the group *grin*. Check out www.longadventure.com for more details. ;)

Bry, Ian, Meisu

The Gang w/o Ian

Bry & Meisu

A failed Street Fighter 2 'winning pose' cum sillohuette shot

I could say that I have 'sorta' overcome my fear of being in the deep end (as long as I have a life jacket on me!). Snorkeling is definitely something I wanna do again. Seeing a shark swim by in the open sea was pretty sweet (although I missed a zippy appearance of a turtle). Cut my middle finger on some coral (I blame myself as I was in a rather narrow area of rock and coral). Managed to poke a fish that didn't seem afraid at the Marine Park in Redang. Bloody nice place to snorkel by the way! Countless amounts of fishies everywhere and they don't seem bothered by the snorkeling humans that invade.

Sweet ass lighting, bad male model

Thanks to Geraldine, the six of us (Geri, Ashraf, Soon Min, Ian, Meisu, and myself) had a 'whale of a time' =) 4 CO alums and 2 partners. Heh.

CO Alumni 04/06 *wink*

Wallpaper potential
----
Pictures courtesy of Ian. For more pictures, head on to i4n.fotopic.net

No comments: