Friday, February 15, 2008

Dental woes

Went to the dentist today.

After going to my regular dentist in SS2 (Mak Dental) due to 'sensitivity' issues with my teeth and some scaling as well, the doc said that I did not have any cavities although I was convinced that I had one.

Even during the following months, the tooth kept displaying signs of sensitivity towards certain kind of foods. Sigh. As it got worse I checked up on toothache online and got a shocker when I displayed 'cracked tooth syndrome'. OMG. Im gonna need a root canal!!

After being convinced that I had a crack in one of my back teeth, I made an appointment with another dentist near the office. Jason Cheong Dental Surgery; as recommended by Nigel. Expected an old dude to attend to my dental woes but out comes a pretty young chap with good bedside manner and brought me into the dreaded dentist room. First impression? They have Astro baby! A good distraction when you're getting your teeth yanked out!

After the usual check up, thank God it was just a cavity! Got it drilled and patched up. Cost me RM80 though. Argh. Another dent to the wallet.

He told me not to have anymore energy drinks, sweets, anything sour, or chew on ice. =(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RM 80???? and you're complaining???
You lucky bastard, you know how much a cavity filling cost here in Seoul?
200 USD. Count that - US dollars which is effing 650 ringgit for one tooth. I want to die ady...

Bry™ said...

=P

chill la!