Thursday, October 11, 2007

"I hate going to the doctors"

I've always hated going to the clinic. When I was younger, I hated it due to yucky medicines and the rareness of an injection shot in the arm or ass. As I started working, I hated it because I hated sounding cheap to the doctor by asking him/her to give me an MC.

Been coughing like nobody's business since Friday (6 days ago) and finally decided to go to the doctor's this morning after some persuasion. The doc said that I had a slight fever and some bacteria that is causing my throat to regurgitate.

"Haih" I thought.

Was waiting for the doc to give me the green light for an automatic MC but she didnt say anything.

"Bah!" I thought.

Exited the room and waited for my meds to be ready. Was called up and proceeded to the counter.

"Blablabla after meals..blablabla 2 times a day" said the nurse.

I checked one of the medicines (liquid) and it states 'May Cause Drowsiness'.

"WTF?" I thought. "What if I was driving and dozed off and crashed and died and.." I continued in my head.

"45 ringgit" the nurse interrupted.

"RM45?!?!? What the heck happened to the usual RM30?!?" I continued rambling in my head.

Paid the RM45, walked on home, took a shower, drove to work, and here I am.

"I hate going to the doctors." I state.

No comments: